Cut-off dates to be considered for inclusion in the 2018-19 USC Catalogue
- Proposals to REVISE/TERMINATE Programs, Minors and Courses must reach the CCO step in Curriculog, in approval-ready condition, no later than Monday, December 18, 2017. All revisions will have an effective term of fall 2018.
- Proposals for NEW Programs, Minors and Courses must reach the CCO step in Curriculog, in approval-ready condition, no later than Monday, February 12, 2018.
|Proposals that do not have appropriate sign-offs and/or lack required information and/or are submitted without tracked changes for revisions, etc. will be returned. These proposals will not be considered received by CCO on that date.|
|Each university-level review step should span no longer than 14 calendar days. Curriculum proposals submitted at deadline are not guaranteed this time frame due to the high volume of submissions received at that time.|
Curriculum updates may be reviewed in the production USC Catalogue throughout the year
Approved curriculum will be imported into the production version of the 2018-19 USC Catalogue once approved. Academic units are encouraged to proofread and request any corrections once the approved curriculum is imported into the catalogue and well before the release of catalogue in early June. Additionally, it is recommended that academic units review approved courses on RNR.D.CATALOG and address any data errors promptly. (Data stored in RNR.D.CATALOG is transmitted to RNR.U.SCHEDULE, which drives the Schedule of Classes and Web Registration.)
What happens AFTER THE CUT-OFF?
Proposals that are not completed in this curriculum submission cycle may be resubmitted during the next cycle to be considered for the 2019-20 USC Catalogue. The forms for the next cycle will be released shortly after each cut-off.
Following the guideline that the catalogue may be incomplete but not inaccurate, proposals to revise programs, minors and courses submitted after the cut-off date will have an effective term of fall 2019. Proposals for new programs, minors and courses may have an effective term as early as fall 2018 so that they may be promptly offered, but they will not be published in the USC Catalogue until the following academic year.
- Please note:
- The University Committee on Curriculum (UCOC) regularly reviews curriculum proposals and policies September through April, although summer reviews may be requested
- Departments should estimate a minimum of one month for University curriculum review, longer if additional edits and sign-offs are required.
- SUBMIT IN THE FALL to ensure that all involved know about the new and updated curriculum to be offered in the following academic year and to avoid the backlog of proposals that slow down the curriculum review process from February through April.
Important Dates for Curriculum Community Consideration
Schedule of Classes is published October 4, 2017.
Registration begins October 23, 2017.
First day of classes is January 8, 2018.
|SUMMER 2018||Schedule of Classes is published February 16, 2018.
Registration begins March 5, 2018.
First day of classes is May 16, 2018.
2018-19 USC Catalogue is published in June.
|FALL 2018||Schedule of Classes is published March 5, 2018.
Registration begins March 26, 2018.
First day of classes is August 20, 2018.