Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Web Registration address?
Web Registration can be accessed by logging in to or directly in Web Registration using ID and passcode.

What determines a registration appointment time?
Registration appointment times are based on units earned, including transfer units. You can see how many units you have earned on your STARS report. If you feel that your appointment time is incorrect, contact either your advisor or email us.

How do I change my class to Pass/No Pass or Audit?
Find the course you would like to change in your course bin. Click on the Change Grade Option next to the course. Select the grade option you would like for your course. Click on the Submit button.

Will I be mailed a receipt if I use Web Registration?
A confirmation enrollment email message is sent each time the student's schedule changes.

What is the difference between "D" classes and "R" classes?
Before you can enroll in a "D" class, you must contact the department offering the course and obtain their permission. “D” clearance will usually allow you to enroll in the class through Web Registration. "R" classes are restricted by room size. When all the seats in an “R” class are filled, the class closes.

Do I need a Permit to Register to enroll by Web Registration?
No. Your registration appointment time and any assigned restrictions can be accessed on OASIS.

If I don't have a Permit to Register and need a registration appointment time, whom can I contact?
You can have a registration appointment assigned by calling (213) 740-8500 or by emailing us.

Whom can I contact if I have been assigned a late registration fee and don't feel that it is fair?
You should contact the department of your major. Individual departments and schools can waive late registration fees.

What is Tuition Refund Insurance and what are the benefits?
This elective insurance is available to currently enrolled students. It provides full coverage for tuition and fees in the event students suffer a serious illness or accident that makes it necessary for them to leave the university before the semester is completed. The Tuition Refund Plan is offered through a private insurance carrier, A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. Further information and applications are available from the Cashier's Office and the Registration department. For additional information, please visit the Tuition Refund Insurance website.

What can I do if the one "R" class I really need is closed?
Contact the professor teaching the course and ask if you can register for the course.  If there is space in the class, the professor will inform you on the next steps.

What are the rules that govern limited status or non-admitted registration?
Limited status enrollment allows persons who have not applied to the university to take a limited number of courses at USC. A pre-baccalaureate limited status student may not register for more than 16 units. A post-baccalaureate limited status student may not register for more than 12 units.

Prior approval of the department offering the course is required for all limited status enrollment. If a limited status student is subsequently admitted to regular standing, no more than 16 undergraduate or the first 12 graduate units taken through limited status enrollment can be applied toward a degree. For additional information, please visit the Limited Status website.