General Information

The Transcript department maintains academic transcripts of course work for university-approved credit and releases academic record transcripts in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Transcripts can be ordered in person or on the Web.

Have a question?

The askUSC portal will help you find answers to our most commonly asked questions - and even some you may not have thought about. If you have any questions, or wish to email us, we invite you to askUSC

Note: Current USC students must use their official university email address ( for all official university communications.

MEDICAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS: All medical school records are housed and maintained independently of the university's central transcript system. To obtain transcripts for medical students, contact the USC Keck School of Medicine directly at (323) 442-2553.

DENTAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS: The Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC maintains certain dental student records as indicated below. To obtain transcripts of these academic records, please contact the Ostrow School of Dentistry directly at (213) 740-1001.

  • Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) program records prior to fall 1993;
  • International Student Program (ISP) records prior to summer 1992; and
  • Dental Hygiene Program records prior to fall 2000.

CONTINUING EDUCATION (CEU) TRANSCRIPTS: To obtain transcripts for CEU students, please mail your request to:

Registrar One Stop Center
University of Southern California
University Park Campus
700 Childs Way, John Hubbard Hall Lobby (JHH)
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0912

Written requests for transcripts must be signed by the owner of the record. Students must clear holds on their records before the Transcript department will process a request. Current and recently enrolled students may check for holds on OASIS.

Documents Released by the Transcript Department:
Official Transcript: An official document that provides a complete and permanent record of course work, grades, units, program of study, enrollment history and degrees awarded, and is signed by the University Registrar.

Fees for Transcripts:
$10 per transcript.

Methods of payment:
Personal checks (payable to the "University of Southern California"), U.S. money orders, USCard, and the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard and Discover. Cash is not accepted.

Special Handling Services:

Please submit requests by 12:00 Noon PT.

Same-day rush: $7 per destination, plus the document fee.
Students may request to pick up Official Transcripts in the John Hubbard Hall (JHH) Lobby at no additional charge.

Overnight Express: $18 per destination, plus transcript fee.
You may request this service for overnight delivery within the continental United States only.

Express Mail: $40.00 per destination, plus transcript fee.
You may request this service for express delivery outside the continental United States only.