Classroom Scheduling Responsibilities and Functions
- Assigns 218 university general-use classrooms (auditoria, lecture classrooms, seminar rooms) for the majority of classes held on the University Park Campus.
- Accommodates time, day and room changes in general-use classrooms.
- Reserves available classroom space for one-day and special event reservations coordinated through authorized departmental personnel.
- Coordinates the rescheduling of classes during the final examination period.
- Surveys general-use classrooms to determine condition of rooms and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Maintains records and data on general-use classrooms.
- Prepares classroom space utilization reports.
Classroom Reservation Requests
- Department (for example, ECON)
- Event Name (for example, 203 Review)
- Start Time
- End Time
- Seats Required
- Room Type (Collaboration, Seminar, Lecture, Auditorium)
- Preferred Building(s)/Room(s)
- Your Name
- Your Extension
- Your Campus Address
- Your Email Address
Audio and Visual Equipment
As of August 2010, standard audiovisual technology no longer needs to be reserved in any of USC’s general-use classrooms.
The only exceptions are the following non-standard technologies: document cameras, overhead projectors, region-free DVD players, and microphones for classrooms with audio support (GFS 101, 116, 118; MHP 101; THH 114, 116, 210, 212; VKC 100, 150, 152, 156).
The following classrooms in KAP require reservations for the delivery of DVD/VCR players: 134, 140, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 150, 156, 158.
Classroom Scheduling Office
University of Southern California
University Park Campus
3535 S. Figueroa, FIG 208
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0912