Cut-off dates to be considered for inclusion in the 2022-2023 USC Catalogue:
- Proposals to REVISE/TERMINATE programs, minors and courses must reach the CCO step in CurriculogTM, in approval-ready condition, no later than Friday, December 10, 2021. All revisions will have an effective term of fall 2022.
- Proposals for NEW programs, minors and courses must reach the CCO step in CurriculogTM, in approval-ready condition, no later than Friday, February 11, 2022.
- If a program revision will include a newly proposed course, the course proposal MUST be submitted alongside, or before, the program revision proposal – i.e., the new course must adopt the REVISE submission timeline.
- Proposals that do not have appropriate sign-offs and/or lack required information and/or are submitted without tracked changes for revisions, etc. will be returned. These proposals will not be considered received by the CCO on that date.
- Curriculum proposals submitted at deadline are not guaranteed normal processing time due to the high volume of submissions received at that time.
Academic units are encouraged to proofread and request any corrections once the approved curriculum is imported into the Catalogue and well before the release of Catalogue in early June. Additionally, it is recommended that academic units review approved courses on RNR.D.CATALOG and address any data errors promptly. (Data stored in RNR.D.CATALOG is transmitted to RNR.U.SCHEDULE, which drives the Schedule of Classes and Web Registration.)
What happens AFTER THE CUT-OFF?
Proposals that are not completed in this curriculum submission cycle may be resubmitted during the next cycle to be considered for the 2023-24 USC Catalogue, using the next cycle forms. The forms for the next cycle will be released as soon as reasonably possible during the spring, but please keep in mind that priority will almost always be given to existing pending proposals that were received on time and still need to be completed.
Following the guideline that the catalogue may be incomplete but not inaccurate, proposals to revise programs, minors and courses submitted after the cut-off date will have an effective term of fall 2023. Proposals for new programs, minors and courses may have an effective term as early as Summer or Fall 2022 so that they may be promptly offered, but they will not be published in the USC Catalogue until the following academic year.
- The University Committee on Curriculum (UCOC) regularly reviews curriculum proposals and policies September through May.
- Departments should estimate a minimum of one month for University curriculum review, longer if additional edits and sign-offs are required. Consulting with affected departments in advance and securing documentation are among the best ways to expedite the review process.
- SUBMIT IN THE FALL to ensure that all involved know about the new and updated curriculum to be offered in the following academic year and to avoid the backlog of proposals that slow down the curriculum review process from February through April.
Important Dates for Curriculum Community Consideration
|SPRING 2022||Schedule of Classes is published October 4, 2021.|
Registration begins October 25, 2021.
First day of classes is January 10, 2022.
|SUMMER 2022||Schedule of Classes is published February 14, 2022.|
Registration begins March 3, 2022.
First day of classes is May 18, 2022.
2022-23 USC Catalogue is published in June.
|FALL 2022||Schedule of Classes is published March 7, 2022.|
Registration begins March 28, 2022.
First day of classes is August 22, 2022.
Note: These dates are included as a convenience
and are subject to change. Please refer to official