- The Curriculum Handbook (pdf) details decisions made by the university throughout the years regarding curricular matters (e.g., what constitutes an internship, a minor; what is acceptable in terms of contact hours; how many credit hours must a master’s degree have, etc.). Please be sure to reference the guide as you build your school’s and/or department’s curriculum.
- The Syllabus Template (doc) offers an outline of what the Curriculum Coordination Office (CCO) and the subcommittee members look for in every syllabus.
- The Statement on Academic Conduct and Support Systems (doc) must be attached to all USC syllabi (also included in the Syllabus Template).
- The Checklist: Top 10 Syllabus Errors to Avoid (pdf) will help you review when your syllabus is done and double check your work.
- The Contact Hour Policy (pdf) details USC’s official guidelines on the relationship between contact hours and unit credit.
- The Contact Hours Reference (pdf) details required minimum contact hours per unit and course length (in weeks).
- The Professional Development Guidelines (pdf) provide information on what constitutes professional development versus academic content, as well as guidance on how to assess academic credit for those courses that include elements of professional development.
- The OSP Syllabus Template (doc) offers an outline of what the Curriculum Coordination Office (CCO) and the subcommittee members look for in every syllabus, including itinerary, transportation, lodging, cost, and health- and safety-issues related to off-campus travel.
- The Student Evaluation Form for Short Trips (Courses) consists of questions students must answer after each course offering. The director is expected to supply a summary of the responses at the time of OSP renewal.
- The Student Evaluation Form for Programs consists of questions students must answer after each program offering. The director is expected to supply a summary of the responses at the time of OSP renewal.
- The Designated Deans List (pdf) indicates the designated dean of curriculum for each school.
- The Financial Aid Eligibility and Program Scheduling (pdf) lists financial aid considerations when developing curricula.
- The New General Education (GE) Procedures (pdf) details how to schedule a General Education Seminar, and how to enter a new or existing course, with the new GE designation, into the Student Information System (SIS). This document also offers guidance in reviewing undergraduate programs for necessary revisions in light of the new GE requirements.