Ordering Official PDF Transcripts
The University of Southern California has authorized Parchment Inc. to act as its agent for processing orders of electronic transcripts in PDF format. Parchment collects all required fees and forwards the request to the USC Registrar’s office, where the transcript is produced and released. Parchment uses the highest standards for security and the service is compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Students must clear holds on their records before the Transcript department will process an order. Current and recently enrolled students can check for holds on myUSC.
Students should also check their myUSC accounts to ensure that any pending grades, degrees or changes have been posted to their records.
If you have a myUSC account: You can link directly to the USC Transcript Ordering Site at Parchment via OASIS. (First-time OASIS visitors will be asked to provide minimal contact information.)
- Under the “Record Order Services” header, click “Send An Electronic Transcript”.
- Follow the instructions on the USC Transcript Ordering Site at Parchment.
If you do not have an OASIS account: You will need to visit the USC Transcript Ordering Site at Parchment:
- Click “Send an Electronic Transcript“ and follow the instructions. You will be guided through the steps for placing your order.
- If you are a first-time visitor, you will be asked to create a personal profile, user ID and password, which you can use to place future orders. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- The fee for each transcript is $12 per PDF transcrip. MasterCard and VISA are accepted. Credit cards are charged when transcript orders are fulfilled by USC.
- The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires the owners of academic records to give their consent before their information may be released. After you place your order, you will be asked to print, sign and fax an Authorization to Release Educational Records form to (303) 962-6408.
You can check the status of your order by logging in to the USC Transcript Ordering Site at Parchment. If you need assistance or have questions about the service, contact Parchment at (844) 369-2334. Business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
Transcript requests are fulfilled within one business day, and transcripts are released as soon as USC fulfills your order. The recipient will be notified by email to download the electronic transcript from a secure website.
Additional Information Regarding PDF Transcripts
The Electronic Transcripts service allows you to request your official USC transcript(s) online. Within minutes of receiving your order, USC will release a secure, digitally signed transcript(s) file in Portable Document Format (PDF).
During the ordering process you will be asked to designate the email address of the person or entity to whom you would like to provide your official USC transcript(s). Once the order has been executed, two emails will be sent to your intended recipient.
The first email will be a notification of the awaiting transcript(s) and the web address of the secure website where the file can be found. While at the website, the recipient will be prompted to request that a pass code be emailed to them.
The second email will provide a passcode that allows the designated recipient to retrieve the transcript(s) from the secure website. The transcript(s) file is released as a PDF that contains a digital signature. The digital signature insures that USC’s identity has been verified by a trusted third party and that the transcript(s) file is valid and has not been altered.
A status bar or a pop-up screen (depending upon the version of the software being used) will display a message indicating whether or not the transcript(s) should be considered valid or invalid. Because of the special characteristics of the digital signature, the recipient must view the PDF using Adobe Reader version 9.0 or higher or through Adobe Acrobat version 9.0 or higher.
The recipient of your transcript(s) has 90 days from the time of notification to download the transcript(s). After 90 days the pass code will become invalid and a new order will have to be initiated. (Three unsuccessful tries will also invalidate the pass code.) The PDF does not expire once downloaded. The PDF is available for printing with a watermark. USC has the capability to rescind the PDF transcript(s) in the event that an error occurs or if USC suspects unauthorized use of the PDF.