Registration is the final step a student takes before attending classes. Before enrolling in classes, students should:
- Clear all holds and restrictions (viewable on myUSC and on OASIS).
- Meet with an academic advisor.
- Take any necessary placement tests.
- Check for their registration appointment time on myUSC, Web Registration or on OASIS by clicking on “Permit to Register”.
- Select the courses to register on Web Registration (also accessible on myUSC).
- Obtain D-clearance and waivers required for any course on their schedule by contacting the department offering the course.
Students should obtain approval from the professor before adding a class after the first week of classes. In addition, an instructor may replace any student who, without prior consent, does not attend:
- The first two class sessions; or
- The first class session of the semester for once-a-week classes.