Frequently Asked Questions About STARS

Students may request an updated STARS report through their academic advisor. Each department can request STARS report updates. Updates reflect all current (USC and transfer) coursework available and any exceptions in a student’s academic record. Students can view and print STARS report updates on OASIS.

Students with inquiries about STARS reports should first contact their academic advisor for assistance. Often, department advisors can correct data entry and other errors. At times, however, the problem may be the result of computer programming or other errors that require more time to correct. In these instances, academic advisors will alert Degree Progress to the problem.

You may request a STARS report at any time through your OASIS account. However, it is not an official university document. It is at the prospective employer’s discretion to use a STARS report for degree verification.


Contact the Degree Progress department for assistance. For more information, call (213) 740-7070.


Contact your academic advisor for assistance. They can help resolve any discrepancies on your report.

You can also refer to the Who Should File an Articulation Petition? page for more information.


Current students can obtain a copy from their academic advisor or print a copy from OASIS