Transfer Credit Services

General Information

Undergraduate Transfer Credit Services determines what transfer credit, if any, courses taken elsewhere may receive toward an undergraduate degree at USC. Graduate students can find information about transfer coursework on the Graduate Transfer Credit page.

A Transfer Credit Report (TCR) will be generated for all admitted undergraduate students who have paid the commitment deposit. The TCR shows unit and subject credit granted for college courses and relevant exams, such as AP, IB, and A-levels, and will be available to view in OASIS by the time the student attends orientation. For more detailed information regarding the TCR, please review the Transfer Credit Report Tutorial and Information Regarding Your TCR.

Please note that federal regulations govern the privacy of student records. Therefore, all inquiries regarding your transfer record must be sent from, and returned to, your official USC email account and must contain your USC ID number. We regret that no student information can be given to a third party, including parents and guardians.

USC policy requires students to submit complete, official transcripts of all coursework attempted at any post-secondary institution. All post-secondary transcripts must be submitted regardless of the type of course(s) or the quality of the work. A student’s failure to provide transcripts for all coursework attempted prior to enrollment at USC or while away from USC is a violation of USC’s academic integrity policy and may result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to the denial of credit for transferred coursework.

Have a question?

The askUSC portal will help you find answers to our most commonly asked questions – and even some you may not have thought about. If you have any questions, or wish to email us, we invite you to askUSC.

Note: Current USC students must use their official university email address ( for all official university communications.

Contact Us

Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
(213) 821-3753 (fax)

Domestic Credit

A transfer credit evaluation will be conducted when official transcripts are submitted. In addition to elective units, subject credit such as GE requirements, foreign language, and USC course equivalence may be awarded for courses taken at regionally accredited institutions in the United States and at overseas institutions that have obtained U.S. regional accreditation.

Due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, students are strongly encouraged to submit official transcripts electronically or by secure PDF if that is an option at your previous institution. We are experiencing significant delays in receiving and processing hard-copy transcripts.

Official transcripts (hard copy) from institutions based in the United States should be mailed to:

Registrar One Stop
University of Southern California
University Park Campus
700 Childs Way, John Hubbard Hall 106
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0912

Official transcripts (secure pdf/electronic) should be emailed to:
USC Admissions


International Credit

Students who wish to receive transfer credit toward their undergraduate degree for coursework taken at an institution outside of the United States (without U.S. regional accreditation) must request a “Detail Report with Course Level Identification” from the International Education Research Foundation (IERF). Please note that students will have to meet IERF standards for submitting official documentation to complete the evaluation. USC will not release any documents submitted during the application process. 

IERF will transmit the results of Detail Reports directly to USC. Once we receive the detail report from IERF, we will evaluate the coursework and the results will be posted on the student’s TCR. This can be a lengthy process, so we recommend that students start their application as early as possible before registration at USC.

Courses taken at institutions outside of the U.S. may earn elective units and satisfy GE requirements as appropriate, but are not eligible to earn USC course equivalence nor foreign language credit. Students may request faculty evaluation of courses for major credit from their major department. Foreign language credit will be determined by completing the USC placement exam if necessary.


Military Credit

Academic credit will be awarded for transferable coursework taken at one of the regionally accredited U.S. Military academies upon receipt of official transcripts. The university will also evaluate coursework/experience completed through the armed services and may award credit for such courses if they meet the following criteria:

  • Students must provide official Joint Services (JST) transcripts to Transfer Credit Services.
  • Coursework must be evaluated by ACE as upper-division credit.

USC will not grant credit for the following:

  • DD-214 or DD-295
  • Coursework not offered in an area of study taught at USC
  • Coursework/experience not evaluated by ACE
  • Coursework from the Community College of the Air Force
  • DSST, CLEP and DLPT exam scores
  • Other Learning Experiences (OLEs)

Mailing address

Registrar One Stop
University of Southern California
University Park Campus
700 Childs Way, John Hubbard Hall 106
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0912

Staff Directory

Eric Kidder, Articulation Officer,
Shelby King, Senior Articulation Analyst,
Carrie-Lou Gray, Articulation Assistant

Marcela Moreno, Articulation Analyst,

Alpha distribution by student’s last name: A-G


David Van DykePhD, Articulation Analyst,

Alpha distribution by student’s last name: H-O

Austin Foxxe, EdD, Articulation Analyst,

Alpha distribution by student’s last name: P-Z